Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ragged Squares Quilt, Top Chef, and Name that Picture

Ragged Squares Quilt




I finally finished a quilt! Every other quilt I've ever started turns into an unfinished project because I just don't have the patience for quilting. This quilt on the other hand was small (toddler bed size), simple, and machine quilted with straight lines. The tutorial can be found at crazymomquilts blog. It's actually supposed to be 5 squares by 6 squares but I made it 4 by 5 because, like I mentioned above, I get impatient. This quilt is for Jennabee's bed.


Top Chef

A couple days ago the boys were having a cooking competition. Austin made a dish all on his own by cutting bananas, putting a little dollup of whipped cream on them, and topping them each with a cocoa puff. I thought it was very creative. Joseph was the judge and picked Austin as the winner. You can also see in the picture that he lost his first tooth.





Name That Picture

Jennabee found the camera and went crazy taking pictures again. Can you guess what these pictures are of? (answers in small print at bottom)






  1. unflushed toilet
  2. pointed finger
  3. nasal aspirator up against an upsidedown wii box
  4. roll of toilet paper

Ok, they're not THAT hard to figure out, but they are very quirky things to take pictures of.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennabee is a great photographer, a little abstract but really good.
I love the quilt! You did an awesome job on that.
What a great idea to have the kids cook fun stuff like that. Mine all have specail aprons that have yet to be used in the kitchen, I don't feel like cleaning up the mess yet I suppose.

Marie' said...

The quilt is perfect, and so girly. I love it!
I am glad Jennabee didn't drop the camera in the toilet.

Maren and Blake said...

I thought I would blog stock you for a minute. Your family is so fun and I have to admit that Austin's creation looks delicious.

Letty said...

The blanket is adorable! I will need to see it sometime. There may come a day when my quilting vibe comes back...then I'll need a project to do.
AS for the banana creation, it looks delicious! we like to make those with peanut butter and a chocolate chip on top.
AS for your budding photographer...you should submit them for the reflections program next year. I always love to see what interests them.

L4GWTW said...

It is great you did a quilt. I don't if I will ever attempt to do one. Who knows I have made one in the past with the young women oh 5+ years ago. It is very cute. Stacey

Jana said...

I love the quilt. I bet it looks perfect in the girls cute room. Tell Austin the next time we come visit I am ordering snacks from him. Maybe Jennabee could take our next family pic?? (Actually, Joe did such a good job on our last ones, that the guy in walmart asked if there was a copyright on it when I went in to get a print made.)

NelsonPeople said...

The quilt looks great! I like the 'name that picture' section. Isn't it great having digital cameras?