Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Amazing Lego-Man and Sister Harris


Yesterday I repeatedly found this little lego-man holding up all kinds of objects--baskets, kitchen chairs, the piano bench, an arm-chair, etc. The items kept getting heavier and heavier. The boys confessed they wanted to see how strong he was. They even tried sitting on the piano bench while the lego-man held it up and I have to say that even I was impressed by lego-man's strength when he succeeded.


In other news, Joe's sister, Angela, just went to the Missionary Training Center yesterday. She's a sister missionary in the Salt Lake City, Temple Square mission. So if you ever see a pretty blonde at temple square, and her name tag says "Sister Harris", you know who she is. I already miss her tons. I fear the next 18 months will be extremely boring without her. She has a way of bringing out the silly in me like nobody else can. The first time I ever had dinner with Joe's family after we were engaged, Ange made me laugh so hard I couldn't stop. I laughed through the whole dinner (and humiliated myself with my lack of self control). On a more serious note, Angela is one of the sweetest, most selfless people I know. She is kind and gentle and always puts others first. She is an amazing woman and she will be a fabulous missionary. We're proud of you Ange!


Ange and her perfect pout at our last get together

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a strong little lego man you have at your house, now if only you could get him to help with the chours right.
I never really met Sis. Harris but from what I saw of her she was a very sweet girl. Hopefully you will find something to help the time pass quickly.

L4GWTW said...

That is one strong lego man. I think that is hilarious that the boys were testing him out. I can't belive that Angela is on a mission I remember her at your wedding. I am sure you will miss her. Feel free to come visit us here in CA and I promise to bring out the silly side of you anytime.

Maren and Blake said...

Blake and I are very impressed with this lego-man. We would love to have him come visit our house.

As for Ange, she gave a wonderful talk the other week. I am sure she will be a power missionary. I am sure e-mails will keep you close. Plus, I bet she will get tons more stories to make you laugh.

Sabrina said...

I showed Luke your pics of the strong lego man. He was very impressed and amused.

Lauren said...

am I crazy or is Austin missing in that picture? Let me go back and look again...I don't have my glasses on so I may have missed him

Allison said...

Lauren, she came to say goodbye around 8:30 that night, and Austin had already fallen asleep! So you are correct, he is missing.