
I took this picture yesterday and realized afterwards that it tells three stories:
- Ada turned one yesterday and has turned into quite the adventurous toddler almost overnight. This picture is proof of her recent climbing antics. She uses this stool to climb onto the counters, table, etc. Now we have to take care to keep it folded up while not in use. She's also been getting into the toilet like nobody's business, taking after her big sister Jennabee.
- Speaking of Jennabee, notice how sweet and innocent she looks lying on the counter. She has been climbing on the counter quite often recently. Last week I opened a new bag of chocolate chips and only used a small handful for my last dessert so I could make some chocolate shavings. Yesterday I caught Jennabee in the cupboard (the one right above her head in this picture), sneaking chocolate chips and the bag was almost empty. She is definitely her mother's daughter.
- You may have noticed Austin has handcuffs stuck to his wrist. Uncle Jeff gave Joseph a pair of metal handcuffs which had the safety release broken off. He gave Joseph the keys, but Joseph promptly misplaced them. Austin found the handcuffs lying around, put them on (only one wrist, thankfully), and couldn't get it off. I tried everything from screwdrivers, pocket knives, to bobby pins to get it to release, but nothing worked. He walked around with the handcuffs hanging from his wrist all morning. I started to panic when he later clasped the other cuff onto the arm of one of our living room chairs. I immediately sent the kids on a thorough search for the missing keys which was like searching for a needle in a haystack. Grant saved Austin when he found them a few minutes later in his very messy, post-Christmas bedroom, and I saved all of the kids from similar fates when I immediately disposed of the handcuffs.
1 comment:
That is funny that Austin walked around like that. I put the key to the piano on my key chain, after I couldn't play the piano for a week because one of the kids locked it and misplaced the key.
Post a Comment