Joe is out of town and last night was a doozy. Here's how it went down:
10:30 p.m.: I finally get the two girls to fall asleep and I put them in bed.
12:00 a.m.: Ada wakes up. I feed her and put her back in bed.
1:30 a.m.: Jennabee wakes up crying, furious that I moved her from my bed to her bed after she fell asleep. I move her back to my bed.
2:00 a.m.: Ada wakes up again; I feed her; put her back in bed.
2:45 a.m.: Hans comes into my room crying. He says his mosquito bite is itching him terribly and he wants me to make baking soda paste to put on it. (I don't know if it works or not, but my dad did it for me when I was little, so I do it for my kids). I get out of bed, make some paste, slather it over the bite that is bothering him and go back to bed.
3:00 a.m.: Ada wakes up again ( I have a feeling it was because of the commotion with Hans just before). I feed her and put her to bed.
3:20 a.m.: Hans comes back into my room and tells me that his baking soda paste fell off. I tell him to go lay down and try to forget about the itch. He walks into the corner and starts to whimper. I feel terrible. After all, my own mosquito bites are driving me nuts; especially because my kids won't let me sleep and forget about them. I relent and get up again to make more paste. After putting it on the offending bite, he asks if I can put it on a couple of other bites too, and I oblige.
4:30 a.m.: Ada wakes up AGAIN. I feed her and put her back in bed.
6:30 a.m: Ada wakes me up in the middle of a fantastic dream. Joe and I were getting ready to board an airplane to go on a romantic European vacation without any kids. Is it any wonder I dreamed that dream?
Adam's 12th Birthday
10 years ago
8 comments:
I can sympathize with you. I have had my share of nights like this. I hope you can squeeze a nap in!
Try heating the mosquito bites up. I put a towel around the bite so you don't burn the skin around it, and blow a hot hair dryer on it. Try to get it as hot as they can stand. It will itch really bad for a few seconds and then feel really hot for another few, and then all the itch will be gone. You might have to do it a few times. I give my kids a nice warm bath to increase blood circulation so the body can dissolve as much of the itching juice as possible, and then do the dryer method before bed. I don't know the science behind it, but we love it because it works.
I hope you can get some sleep today.
Lauren's trick for helping with the itch is to draw a circle around the bite and then draw an x through it with a pen. I swear it works every time. That or anti itch cream.
Allison,
I am so sorry! Nigel is doing the night shift and the hospital right now so when I have a bad night I will just think of your and will feel MUCH better about mine! It seems like things always go that way for me when Nigel is out of town. I hope things look better.
You REALLY deserve that vacation!
Wow, what a terrible night!!!!! I hope last night was better for you.
oh-and what LeAnn said about the circle and X really does work, I do it with all of my mosquito bites as well. Although I just use my finger nail instead of a pen!
Oh, that's a loooooooong rough night! I hope that when Joe is there, you get a little relief from him as well!
Your family is so fun...I love reading your blog!!
And I thought my night was terrible when my kids pounded on my door at 5:15 this morning. I hope you get some sleep soon!
Post a Comment