Joseph and Grant played in their last baseball game of the season (excepting the tournament game next week) on Friday. The game was held at the only park in town with a pond and we encountered mosquitos. Lots and lots of mosquitos. That means we were EATEN by mosquitos. Here are the standings:
First place: Hans and Mom tied for first with six mosquito bites each. Hans has two on the front of his neck, two on the back of his neck, one on his ankle, and one on his arm. Mom has four on her left arm and two on her right ankle.
Second Place: Austin with three bites. Two on his back (they either had to bite through his shirt or get under it somehow), and one on his neck.
Third Place: Jennabee with two bites, both on her arm.
Honorable Mention: Grant with one bite on the back of his neck.
Lucky Ducks: Joe, Ada, and Joseph escaped without getting any itchy poison injected into their skin.
Bonus points: 10 points for Mom who killed at least 10 mosquitos. Then again I missed at least ten mosquitos too.
Their tournament game is at the same park next Wednesday. You can bet I'll be armed with bug repellant.
Adam's 12th Birthday
10 years ago
6 comments:
Sounds like fun...at least the game does! We are coming the know the Eastern US mosquitoes as well. It is comforting to know that where ever you go some things never change...
~Kim
I get welts...not just bites from the 'skitos. it looks like I was hit by a baseball, you all have my sympathies! :)
i hate mosquitos i always get so many bites.....to answer your question about draper, it's next to sandy and murray, and west jordan, so it's about 15 minutes south of salt lake, tell all your friends. =)
Ali I sure hate mosquito bites. I have to say I take the Grand prize with over 20 from doing the ZIP line in Kauai. The sad thing is that I had on bug spray and wasn't the one with the most bites. Terrible. Stacey
I wasn't finished but ran out of room. I put spit on my bites and it stops the itch. Teach that to your boys and then maybe they will let you sleep through the night. I hope you sleep better tonight Stacey Paxman
On my 4th year hike for girls camp I got 120 bites total and had an allergic reaction to all the poison. I was swollen on my leg, ear, and hand That was on the first day! I had to wait two more days till we got back to Ensign Ranch to be able to take any Benadryl to help. Only then all the poison gathered underneath my eye and it got all swollen. Fun times!
Post a Comment