
Last week we had our first hard frost. My friend, an avid tomato gardener, told me on Tuesday that the frost would occur Wednesday night. She shared her trick for harvesting garden tomatoes into the winter: The night before the first hard frost, she pulls out her tomato plants and hangs them upside down in her basement.
I decided to give it a try, and pulled out all of our tomato plants the next day and hung them up in our food storage room. I'm anxious to see if it will work!
3 comments:
You should be in good luck as I've heard you do the same thing. Let us know if it works as I've only heard about it and have never heard the final results.
good idea! i wish i had a basement to do this. i'm going to have to remember it. i liked the video of the speech also. i used to be apathetic too and know i really enjoy it.
Good luck with the tomatoes we are still waiting for the weather to cool off so we can stop running our AC. I am so sick of the heat. I would love to have a cold day and snuggle up with a blanket in my pjs with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a movie. Can you tell I am so ready for winter!
Post a Comment