
Jennabee is short on pajama/loungewear, so I was excited to find a tutorial on how to make pants out of t-shirts. I raided my bag of "giveaway" clothes and found a few shirts that were perfect candidates for Jennabee. The only materials needed were the shirt and thread and I whipped out a pair in about 15-20 minutes. Because she has been refusing to wear anything that isn't "pretty", I embroidered a freehand flower on the front. I used chain stitch for the flower center, back stitch for the outline of the petals, and satin stitch to fill the petals.
13 comments:
Those are so cute! You always amaze me with the things you are able to create.
How cute, and for free! I love refashioning old clothes. The flower adds the perfect amount of girly-ness to them.
Your homemaking skills never cease to amaze me. So cute!
hello, talk about the cutest pants ever, and the flower looks professional.
That is crazy amazing!!! I want to try this out! Too bad no one in my house would even think about wearing them. (especially with the cute flower!)
those are adorable! I'm super impressed with your creativity!
That is AWESOME! I can't wait to try it out! Thanks-I too am always amazed at your homemaking skills! :)
Darling! You are so talented!
You are awesome. I wish I could do that in 15-20 minutes. Maybe one day we will see each other again and you can teach me. I am hands on and probably wouldn't get it from a video like you.
those turned out great! What else do you have in your give away pile?
Cute! Thanks for the real mom moment of forgetting something and making the kids so sad...I makes me think that you maybe you are a real human mom and not supermom. Thank you so much for the talk by Pres. Benson. In our fight for Prop 8 right now in California, it is getting heated, and hostile, and I loved reading those words of principle and truth. They buoyed me up. Thank you.
mommymita,
I have a couple of rayon skirts that I don't wear much in my givaway pile. Do you have any ideas for refashioning them into a dress or something for my daughter? Is rayon hard to work with? My sewing skills are pretty basic.
I love that idea...i am totally going to try it out, way easy pattern too! Thanks for such great ideas!
Post a Comment