I just got back from my second trip to China. This time was Shanghai. From a business perspective it was a very sucessful trip. From a personal perspective, it was also a success because I stayed healthy! On my way home I stopped in Taipei to meet with our office there. Taipei was very lovely, lots of green trees, 75 degrees and humid. When I got back to Spokane it was 20 degrees and snowing. What a change!
Here is a view of Shanghai.
I was taken to a DVD shop which ended up being pirated DVD's and computer programs, all for $1. They had DVD's, XBox 360, PC and Wii games, and as you see here, computer programs.
Christmas decorations are all over China, but they do not celebrate Christmas. I asked why all the decorations and I was told it was for the Americans. I'm thinking it is because all our the decorations are made in China and they are starting to like them. 
There is no shortage of exotic food in Shanghai. Here we have pigeon, note the heads, and dog stew, mmm delicious.

Here is a picture of a military memorial in Taipei. We watched the changing of the guards, who guard this area 24/7.

Here is a shot of a typical main street in Taipei, looking to the tallest building in Taiwan, one of the tallest in the world, the 101 building.
Upclose shot of 101.

Here is a super luxurious hotel, built up on the side of a mountain looking out over all of Taipei.

This is our team in Taipei.

2 comments:
Yummm, love the pigeon heads. Did you eat them??? Glad to hear you stayed healthy. Looks like a fun trip!
That looks all too close to the fried guinea pigs we saw in Peru. Can I just say, anything fried with the eyeballs still on and able to stare you down is really unappetizing to me! The other stuff is really cool! Looks like a great tourist location. Glad you had such a great trip. And I bet your family is glad to have you home. Happy new year!
Post a Comment