Joe is home! He arrived around two a.m. early Friday morning. The kids were so happy to see him when they woke up! Jennabee was shy for about 5 minutes but after that I had to pry her away from his arms.
He brought home gifts from afar. The kids got lots of Euro candy and gum from Pavlina who was like a grandma to them when we lived in Albania 4+ years ago. Jennabee got lots of cute little girl outfits from Pavlina too. Joe bought each of the boys a soccer uniform. Joseph and Austin picked Milan, Hans picked Juventus, and Grant picked Manchester United. Joe and Pavlina bought me some super stylish Euro shirts and skirts and guessed correctly on the sizes. Joe also bought me a bunch of Haribo Roulettes, my favorite candy while living in Albania. The people he worked with in Romania sent him home with beautiful handmade pottery which is very popular there.
He brought home gifts from afar. The kids got lots of Euro candy and gum from Pavlina who was like a grandma to them when we lived in Albania 4+ years ago. Jennabee got lots of cute little girl outfits from Pavlina too. Joe bought each of the boys a soccer uniform. Joseph and Austin picked Milan, Hans picked Juventus, and Grant picked Manchester United. Joe and Pavlina bought me some super stylish Euro shirts and skirts and guessed correctly on the sizes. Joe also bought me a bunch of Haribo Roulettes, my favorite candy while living in Albania. The people he worked with in Romania sent him home with beautiful handmade pottery which is very popular there.
Poor Joe has been fighting his jet lag. His first day home he was ready to go to bed at 3 p.m. and forced himself to stay up until 7:30. He was miserable that afternoon and evening. The next two nights he lasted until 8:30, and Monday night he outlasted me and made it til ten! Looks like he's almost got it beat.
It's great to have Joe back. There's a country song with a line at the end of the chorus that says "I'm just not myself when you're away" and that's exactly how I felt when he was gone.
It's great to have Joe back. There's a country song with a line at the end of the chorus that says "I'm just not myself when you're away" and that's exactly how I felt when he was gone.
1 comment:
Congratulations for you! I have to say Albania looks gorgeous. Who knew? too bad you're so far away, I wouldn't mind sharing the Euro chocolate!! Enjoy your time with Joe, you deserve it!
Post a Comment