I'm sleeping again! My life can go back to normal!
The Stake Relief Society Women's Conference was on Saturday. What a project that was! Nine months ago when I was called to be the secretary for the stake Relief Society, we started planning this event as a presidency and so much blood, sweat, and tears have gone into it. We basically used the Relief Society Declaration as an outline and each memeber of the presidency spoke for about 5 minutes on a certain facet of the declaration. The stake RS president said I couldn't get out of speaking even though I'm just the secretary; so I was assigned to talk about nobility in motherhood and strengthening homes and families. Then using a music CD based on the declaration, we played slideshows following each of our messages. I was in charge of creating the 12 slideshows and it was A LOT of work, but I loved doing it and learning a new skill. My family was so patient with me and I'm sure they are very glad it's done!
Adam's 12th Birthday
10 years ago
4 comments:
I really enjoyed Saturday! I'm so glad that I able to go and enjoy that wonderful meeting.
Loved your work! And I love listening to you speak. Rob and I both have decided that you need to be an inspirational speaker. Have you ever thought about it?
I was very inspired from the meeting. you did an outstanding job of making the slide shows and giving your talks.
Wow Allison, you did an amazing job on the slideshows. You put the right pictures at the right time in the music to make it really effective and inspiring. I bet it was a wonderful meeting!
That is a big job to make all the slide shows - they turned out great! I love the one on motherhood because life certainly has been upside down around here lately
Thanks for sharing it
Post a Comment