Sunday, June 14, 2009

For My Sisters...

The boys' Kool-Aid business reminded me of the newspaper my sister Lauren and I made up when we were kids. Were you in on it too Lee-Lee? I found a copy of the paper while thumbing through my memory book with the boys this morning. To think we were only going to charge 5 cents for a cup of Kool-Aid--proof of inflation if I ever saw it! Please forigve the spelling mistakes and the boring font. Oh, the wonderful days of the old commodore computer!

(click on the images to enlarge them)



7 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

This is like the greatest thing I have read. I can't believe you didn't go into journalism. This paper was very informative. Is Dear Orion still available?

It looks like you and your sister were really creative and had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got up to read the "paper" this morning. Very informative. you guys did a great job, I'm glad that you still have these memories to look back on.

Sabrina said...

This is so cute. I love the TV guide section in the middle. I wonder if I'll win a prize if I buy a lottery ticket! hahaha. I like your new family pic!

Jill Duncan said...

how funny!!!

And it sounds like your boys have a nice little business going selling Kool-Aid. :)

LeAnn said...

So so so so so funny! I think I was too little when you guys made that. I love that Denver was a "must watch" Saturday morning cartoon. To this day I get the theme song stuck in my head.

Allison said...

"Denver!--the last dinosau-aur--He's a friend and a whole lot more!"

Lauren said...

Where did you find that?! I must get a copy. I love that while Josh was busy scamming his neighborhood I was making mine better and more literate!