Some people ask if I'm bummed that I couldn't hold on to her for one more day in hopes of her being the New Year baby at the hospital. I can honestly answer "NO!" Being able to claim her as a 2007 tax deduction was a much more profitable gift than any prize the hospital would have given us.

The celebration began by eating carrot cake cupcakes with pink and white frosting (Jennabee insisted that Ada's cupcakes have pink on them), singing Happy Birthday, and opening presents. Then I put Ada to bed and the New Year's celebration began!
We played "limbo" and I found out I can go a lot lower than I thought, but not low enough to beat my sis-in-law Angela who amazed us all!
We also had jumping contests and Joe and his brother Jeff proved that white men CAN jump:
The night was also filled with lots and lots of Wii. It was so much fun watching Grandma cream everybody doing the ski jump on Wii Fit! She's got some serious balance. All of the kids (except Ada) stayed up til midnight. How an early bird like me gave birth to a bunch of night owls is beyond me!
Happy New Year everyone!
3 comments:
You guys do fun things at your parties! The jumping contest looks like something our kids would really enjoy.
Sounds (and looks) like it was a really fun party! I am still trying to master Wii...I think I am a long way from it though. Happy New Year!
Wow you did better then us. We celebrate New Years on New York time(9 our time) and had the kids in bed by 10. It was fun and I enjoyed ringing in the New Year in peace this year by myself while doing a logic puzzle.
Post a Comment