Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Great to Be Eight!

Hans just turned 8 last week, which means:

  • He had TWO birthday parties--one for the family and one with friends. I made a Pokemon cake for each party per his request. The first was Polywag cake for the family party. Grandma and Grandpa Harris, Derek and Aubree, Angela, and Jeff all came to join in the fun.


  • The second cake was Chickorita. A couple of hours before his "friends" party, Ada climbed up a kitchen stool and helped herself to some cake. Here is a picture of how it looked after Ada's attack, followed by the repaired version:




  • Hans is also now a cubscout! He's super excited that his birthday came just in time for the Pinewood derby next week. Someone from the pack gave him a hand-me-down size Large shirt, but Hans is really little, so I took it in quite a bit at all the seams to make it a little more presentable.

  • Hans will be baptized on January 31st and can't wait! There will obviously be more on that subject to come...
  • 4 comments:

    LeAnn said...

    The Polywag cake is my favorite. You are so creative. Nice save with the other cake!

    L4GWTW said...

    Love the cakes you did a great job. I am sure Hans loved them both. You are a great Mom Love ya Stacey

    tatum said...

    very cute cakes! and i love your new picture at the top with everyone, you all look so good, beautiful family for sure.

    Lauren said...

    Oy ve! I am so forgetful and never called! Did Hans get his gift card? Once I have kids (one day...) you are definitely going to have to help me with all your creative pointers!