Monday, December 8, 2008

Carol of the Week: What Child is This

I had big plans to sing one carol every week until Christmas (just like the cookie-a-week thing), but last Tuesday, when I wanted to experiment with recording, I came down with a nasty cold. Now, six days of laryngitis later (and a ruptured ear drum causing deafness in my right ear), I can still barely squeak out a pitch. I'm starting to despair that I won't get any carols in at all, so I reluctantly decided to post my experiment from last week. It's a wimpy recording from my regular camera, next time I'll use the video camera. Since I'm already a week behind, I plan on posting Joseph and Grant singing "The Little Drummer Boy" as part of my next Wordfull Wednesday post.

What Child Is This
(arranged by Sally Deford--see defordmusic.com)

9 comments:

Louisa said...

That was beautiful!

Louisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Starnes fam said...

Wow....such a beautiful talent!

tatum said...

um hello? beautiful!!!!! you are so talented , i wish we could sing a duet together. the nativity set i have is called "willow tree" and you can get it at hallmark, they come in sets, so i collected the wise men one year and the main mary joseph and jesus set the next. but a great tip is the day after christmas you can usually find them 1/2 off. so just check around who has them in stock and then hit their sales the next day. i'm am totally going to try to make those cookies. hope you are having a good christmas season! =)

Marie' said...

Beautiful voice! How do you sing and play at the same time?

Mommymita said...

Wow - you are great! I will only sing for my family because I know they'll still love me afterwards....the rest of the world has no idea what a horrible singer I am

can't wait to see what you'll post Wed!

Allison said...

Marie', only because of practice, practice, practice. As a young teen I got so frustrated singing without accompaniament that I forced myself to learn how to accompany myself.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, impressive! And it makes me miss your talent so much! We have kind of a dry spell in the ward. And your cookies--wow, yummy!! coconut is my fav!

L4GWTW said...

Beautiful Ali. I love it.I miss you so much. You are an amazing person. Stacey