My laundry schedule looks like this:
- Monday: Jennabee and Ada (two loads because Ada is a baby)
- Tuesday: Mom and Dad whites (one load)
- Wednesday: Joseph and Grant (one or two loads)
- Thursday: Mom and Dad darks (one or two loads)
- Friday: Hans and Austin (two or three loads--Austin and Hans go through clothes like nobody's business. I even do the "look and sniff" test to see if it's really dirty and only wash the things that are legit)
- Saturday: Kitchen and Bathroom towels (two loads)
I called Joe and when he came home for lunch he flushed out the drain pipe, to check for blockage but there was none to be found. That meant that the pump was going bad. Fortunately for us, this was the stackable washer and dryer that came with the house and we had our own set still sitting in the garage. On Saturday morning Joe's brother, Jeff, came over to move the stackables out and move our side by side in. The only problem was the dryer wouldn't fit through the narrow door to the laundry room no matter which way it was turned.
I have to say here that Joe is an awesome husband. If he knows I have a serious problem on my hands, he does everything in his power to fix it for me and doesn't give up until the problem is solved. He looked on craigslist, saw a newer washer and dryer for sale for $150, I went over right away to look at them (and measure them!) and bought them. He went back in the afternoon with his brother Derek to pick them up. Joe listed the washer and dryer (that didn't fit) on Craigslist for $200. That night someone came over and bought them for our full asking price. Joe not only saved the day and made$50 in the process, he also managed to get two of the three Friday loads done for me. Which means I am only three loads behind schedule isntead of who knows how many I would have been if I had to wait for a repair man to come next week. Phew!
5 comments:
Way to go, Joe Joe! You show such devotion to your (very devoted) wife! You're a great example!
Very impressive! Your laundry schedule and the washer/dryer story. It is nice to have a handy husband. Geoff has amazed me with all the things he has done around the house. He hasn't ever made any money off of it though. What a bonus!!!
oh my gosh, i do not pity you, that is my worst thing to do is laundry, it takes FOREVER! =)
How do you get craigs list to work so well for you? My wedding dress has been for sale on there forever and no takers!
I HATE Doing laundry! Marcus is the man at our house and does laundry for me. I need to start throwing a load in in the morning and have him switch it at lunch and then I can fold it when I get home after school. The folding and putting away part is what I hate. Glad Joe got yours fixed what a great guy!
Post a Comment