
Here is a fun dessert I made the other day. I used the cake mix cookies from the oreo cookie recipe my friend Jayleen gave me. Instead of filling them with the traditional cream filling, I filled them with ice cream and made ice cream sandwiches. They were very tasty!
The recipe for the cookies is really simple:
1 box of cake mix (any flavor)
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
1 egg
Mix together, roll into balls, flatten them slightly with the bottom of a cup, put in a 350 degree oven for 8-13 minutes. (It takes 10 minutes in my oven). The cookies will look underdone, but they firm up as they cool. You don't want to over bake them.
When the cookies have cooled, put them in the freezer for a while to get them cold. Then put about an inch of ice cream between them and refreeze until they are solid.
One box of cake mix makes about 12 sandwiches.
Note: Let the ice cream sandwiches sit out for a few minutes before attempting to bite into them. The cookies need a chance to thaw slightly in order to soften up.
4 comments:
Perfect for the summer! Can't wait to try!
This does look like a good summer recipe. I think I will have to try them! I posted the pita bread recipe on my blog so you can go check it out
Thanks for posting your recipe ideas. It gives me something new to try and look forward to instead of being stuck making the same things.
I haven't made these in ages...they look so yummy! I think I'm in the mood to bake.
Post a Comment