Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This Kid has GUTS!


Hans, our six year old attended his first soccer practice yesterday. He is pretty small for his age so I got nervous when it looked like another kid who was at least two heads taller than him was pushing him around and yelling something at him during practice. I was sitting in the car (it was cold outside) and couldn't tell for sure but it looked like Hans yelled something back at him. Then the scuffle seemed to be over so I quit watching and kept Austin and Jennabee occupied in the car.

After practice I asked Hans if the other kids were nice, hoping to get him to talk about the incident. He said that one kid was pushing him around, so he yelled (in his deep and tough voice), "Quit pushing me around!" The kid kept pushing, so Hans asked, "Why are you pushing me around!?" The kid said that his mom told him to do it. At this point in the story I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. But it gets better. Hans said he asked the kid where his mom was. The kid pointed out his mom and Hans went up to his mom and asked her if she told her son to push other kids around. She told Hans she never said that, Hans told the kid what the mom said, and the kid stopped pushing.

Holy Cow! I couldn't believe my tiny little kindergartener son had the maturity and courage to go to the mother and ask that kind of question! He's my hero!

No comments: